The TrainingDay is committed to protecting and respecting your data privacy. We want you to know how we use and protect your personal information. This includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
We need your personal data in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations you may have with us or our business partners. In other cases, we will collect that information from you with your permission and consent.
This is TrainingDay,s registered address, company number and contact information:
Address: The Training Day
1277 Mike Crawford Avenue, Centurion
Phone: 066 337 7366
Information we may collect from you
TrainingDay may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail
- By submitting your information to us at a conference or exhibition
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying exams, assessments or other goods or services from us.
Website usage information
If you visit our website we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- IP addresses
- Information about the technology you use to connect to our website
- What parts of our website you click on and how long you look at our website.
As well as the information that you provide, we receive and store a range of website usage information whenever you use our website. If we want to collect personal information we will be clear and specific why we require this information and ask you to opt-in.
We use this to:
- assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- develop and deliver services and information that better meet your needs
- inform you of events, services and products which we believe to be relevant to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any website we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners who have asked us to collect information on their behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
We believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed at persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 16 years of age.
TrainingDay puts small files (known as “cookies”) onto your computer to collect information about how you use our site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so we don’t show them to you again
You will normally see a message appear on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
Measuring website usage
TrainingDay uses google analytics to collect data that we use to improve your experience of our website.
Our Introductory Message
Content Management System
We use the WordPress content management system on this website, which also sets a number of cookies.
Third Party Cookies
First-party cookies are those that we set for TrainingDay; third party cookies are cookies that originate from different websites. We do not control the setting of third-party cookies, so if you are concerned you should check the policy on the third-party website.
An example of a third-party website we use is YouTube. We have a number of videos on TrainingDay and although we own (or have permission to use) them, the video content is actually streamed from YouTube. You may therefore receive a YouTube cookie if you view one of our videos.
Why does Training Day collect personal information?
TrainingDay collects information for some or all of following reasons:
- To provide services to you after you have taken one of our educational certifications/ qualifications including validation of your certification/qualification by us
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are an existing TrainingDay customer
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
- To employ you or consider you for employment
- To provide goods or services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us
What legal basis does TrainingDay have for processing my information?
TrainingDay may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us
- We must provide services to you because you have taken one of our qualifications
- To comply with the law.
All these are reasons TrainingDay may legally process the information we have about you.
Other reasons TrainingDay may share your personal information with a third party
If TrainingDay or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by Training Day about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, TrainingDay will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation,
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated or anonymized data with personal information removed
TrainingDay may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated or anonymized. This means that personal information that could be used to identify you has been removed from the data. An example of this may be how many candidates have taken an exam in a country.
Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data; however, we do respect your right to object to your data being used in this way.
Access to your stored personal data via password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share passwords with anyone.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have technical and organisational measures in place to protect your data we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
How long will we keep your personal information?
TrainingDay will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop processing it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
What if I choose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and TrainingDay or via one of our business partners, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if you do not give us your personal information.
Controlling your personal information
Where you have consented to receive communications from us or are currently receiving material relating to our products or services, you may at any time ask us to cease sending you such material by <ahref=”http: trainingday.co.za=”” contact-us=”” “=””>contacting us.</ahref=”http:>
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
This website contains links to other websites. Anonymous visit or session information may be passed to other websites for the web usage information purposes described above. None of this information can be related to an individual user of the website. The operators of other sites may collect information from you, which will be used by them in accordance with their own terms and conditions, and privacy policies.
This privacy notice applies only to our website. We are not responsible for privacy practices within any other website. You should always be aware of this when you leave this website and we encourage you to read the privacy statement on all other websites that you visit.