A practical and repeatable methodology that achieves a balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
The APMG-International AgilePM® certification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile. The focus of agile project management is on developing solutions incrementally enabling project teams to react effectively to changing requirements, whilst empowering project personnel and encouraging increased collaboration and ownership.
The course is delivered over 5 days and comprises the Foundation Level qualification, delivered over 2 days, and the Practitioner Level qualification delivered over 3 days.
- The Foundation exam on day 3
- The Practitioner exam on day 5
Pre-course of the Official Guide is required.
- Pre-course study material and student bag
- Official Manual
- Course workbook
- Sample exam papers
- Official APMG exams
- E-Certificate for successful candidates
- Lunch and refreshments during
The AgilePM course is suitable for anyone working in an agile environment including Project Managers, Technical Co-ordinators and Team Managers/Leaders, Subject Matter Experts and Business Analysts, Solution Testers and Developers and PMO members.
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improves
rigourand visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale,
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
Focus On The Business Need
Never Compromise Quality
Deliver on Time
Build Firm Foundations
Since its launch in 2010, DSDM’s Agile Project Management has proved very popular and has enabled the adoption of Agile Project Management practice worldwide.
Providing users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide.
- 50 questions per paper
- Pass mark 25+ (out of 50) – 50%
- 40 Minutes duration
- Closed book
- Pre-requisite for the Practitioner
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis. Pre-requisites accepted to be eligible to take the Practitioner examination:
AgilePM Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version), or DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions – 20 marks per question
- Pass mark 40+ (out of 80) – 50%
- 2 ½ hour duration
- Open book exam (official manual only).